Friday, August 10, 2007

Not looking encouraging.... 8W

Rang Obstetrician (OB) for the results of my HCG blood tests today. That was quite agonising. The results were not good, as to be expected.
Tues 9857
Thu 11200

So they are still rising but nowhere near doubling.
No good.

I didn't think I'd be strong enough to ring for the results. I thought I'd have to get M to do it. But I managed. And I didn't even cry. I think I did my initial grieving and acceptance that we'd lost our baby on Tuesday after the scan. Of course it will take a while to fully adjust to the loss of our pregnancy - all the ramifications of that.

I have not cried today, even after hearing the bad news. I did not cry yesterday until we went to bed at night. It is always hardest at night when the day is done.

No comments: