Friday, August 17, 2007

It's over. Kind of. 9W

Had our follow up OB appointment yesterday. Again the bad news was confirmed. No fetal pole was seen. It's not a viable pregnancy. I was upset but no more so than I previously had been. I had taken the previous appointment as evidence that we had lost our baby, so I did most of my grieving last week. I cannot believe it was only a week or so ago. It seems like a hell of a lot longer than that ago that I was happily (obliviously) pregnant.

The OB gave us 2 options-
wait to miscarry naturally OR
D&C

I chose to wait because I want to avoid surgery where possible. But I am still terrified of miscarrying naturally. The miscarriage consumes me. I think about it constantly. Every second of the day my attention is focused on my uterus. Monitoring for the slightest cramping or the sensation of blood trickling.

No comments: