Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Woken at 4am by a contraction!!!! 11W5D

I was sound asleep and I awoke to this "feeling" in my lower abodmen.

It took me a few sleepy disoriented moments to realise it was a contraction.

Definitely a contraction. Different to a cramp.

It wasn't all that painful.

I went to the restroom.

There was red blood!

And quite a few small clots!!

Who would have thought I would be so exicited to see such a thing?



It's starting!! Hooray !! It's starting!!



So I downed 2 panadols + 2 neurophens (...expecting the cramps to get much worse. I have on occasion had period pain that was so bad it made me want to curl up and die) and went out to watch some early morning TV. The Urban Request Show was on Channel V (MTV equivalent).

Had a couple more contractions not long after that first one. Then...nothing....



Went to bed just before six. Fell asleep for half an hour. Woke up feeling groggy and disoriented but otherwise fine. Thought I may as well go to work (here I am) because one thing this miscarriage has taught me so far is that nothing happens in a hurry. Had a mini-fight with M because he thought I was crazy to go to work. (Maybe I am but payroll tax is due Friday...) I am still bleeding a little bit of red blood, kind of like a light period, with the occasional tiny clot. No further cramps! Still waiting for the main event... The plan is to call hubby and he'll come and take me home if things get really bad.

1 comment:

dbkate said...

Just a note. Painkillers will slow down things, sometimes stop them completely, just as they do during birthing labor. Be sparing with them and GOOD LUCK!!! :D