Monday, September 3, 2007

Finally something has happened!!!! 11W3D

Finally!!!
At last....
I can stop going crazy (for the moment)

While we were away at the conference, early Thursday morning after making love I went to use the bathroom and saw blood when I wiped and a small blob of blood about the size of a 5 cent piece in the toilet bowl. I cannot tell you how excited I was! I called out to M - "baby, I'm bleeding!!". I was scared that the miscarriage was going to happen while I was away from home, but just so relieved after so many weeks of nothing that there was finally something. I felt nothing... just saw the blood. It just appeared without warning.

It didn't last however.

For the rest of Thursday and the following 2 days there was nothing. Not another hint of blood.
It was quite infuriating.

Then yesterday (Sunday) I felt a little tired and cranky in the morning so had a little nap around midday. I woke from the nap feeling the slightest cramping and a tiny bit of brownish-red mucous. Sunday night we took dad out for father's day dinner and when we got home from dinner I still had the slight cramping but there was a few drops of blood on my pad. Aah, sweet relief, it was starting (or so i thought...).

This continued. At bedtime I used the toilet and could actually see the drops of blood dripping into the bowl. The blood looked strange, not like a normal period which just looks like regular blood. This blood was kind of thicker, like the tiniest bits of broken down tissue. I sat on the toilet for quite a while as a little collection of the blood/tissue pooled below. In all it was probably about the size of a 10-20 cent piece. So nothing much to speak of. But a start.

I didn't know what to do... I was nervous to go to sleep. I thought the bad cramping would start up during the night, so I figured I should rest now while I could. Went to bed about 11pm. Woke up around 2 am to some more mild cramping went to the toilet and repeated the above experience. Slept again until 5.

This morning I didn't have any further bleeding and the (very light) cramping seemed to have let up. Then at about 10:45am I had some more light cramping and had an almost-identical repeat of the bleeding experiences above. The cramping seems to come in waves which are followed by the bleeding. I have to say at this stage the cramping is very light. I expect it will get much much worse. At the moment I feel ever so slightly crampy all the time, but it's such that you're never sure if you actually are having a cramp. When I get the cramps that precede the bleeding they are a tiny bit stronger such that I know I am having a cramp. But they are not in any way bad. I am not even close to reaching for the panadols yet.

So we wait and we see...............

No comments: