Thursday, October 4, 2007

OB Visits, Ultrasounds and AF????? CD28

On Tuesday I went back to see OB (AGAIN!!!) for continuing niggling discomfort. He did yet another ultrasound. I swear I have had more ultrasound/OB visits for this miscarriage than I had for my whole pregnancy with Iz. (And a hell of a lot more drama). He said everything looks "grossly normal", charming term, and that the lining of my uterus had thickened up which indicated my cycle was restarting. He then said he couldn't totally rule out retained tissue maybe a membrane or something, that wasn't showing up on ultrasound?????? wtf??????

I am hoping he was just saying that to cover his ass because he couldn't think of what else might be wrong. I do not want to be hearing that I have retained tissue. Apparently the lining on my fundus was minutely thicker than on the rest of my uterus. He did an internal, checking for pain when he pressed on various spots on my abdomen. There wasn't any, it's not that type of pain. He doesn't think I still have an infection, though he did take a swab. He also asked, phrasing it differently of course, whether I was imagining this "pain". This is something I have asked myself many times too.... Maybe it is all in my head. God knows.

He suggested a D&C in case there was some tissue, or offered to refer me for another ultrasound at a place where they have a better machine to try and see if there is tissue there. I opted for the ultrasound, which I will have on Friday.

Yesterday I had the ultrasound referred by my GP. It's findings were totally normal - that I have no evidence of infection, or retained tissue or anything else questionable. They also found a collapsing follicle on my right ovary (the right side is where my "pain" has been) and said it could be a corpus lutem. So maybe I've ovulated since the MC??????

I felt pretty positive after that ultrasound. If I do have retained tissue, it's invisible tissue. Imaginary tissue.

Then this morning I have very faint spotting and first-day-of-my-period style cramps. Again WTF??? I was expecting my period sometime soon, but not this soon. Then I realised it's exactly 4 weeks since the miscarriage. Is my body-clock that regular? that's crazy. They're definitely period-style cramps too, not like the cramps I had during and after the miscarriage. At the ultrasound yesterday the lining of my uterus was only 6.5mm (on the low side) so I'm not expecting a heavy period.

Now I am a total ball of confusion...............This miscarriage has just thrown me one curve ball after another. This is not familiar terrain....

No comments: